During its Presidency, Cyprus will work Τowards a Better Europe, more relevant to its citizens and to the world; meaning a more effective Europe, contributing to growth and job creation. A European Union working on the basis of the underlying principle of solidarity, committing itself to a better future, promoting social cohesion and providing hope to its citizens; a European Union, with an enhanced role in the international scene. All efforts will be directed to bequeath a better Europe to the younger generations.
The priorities of the Cyprus Presidency are:
- Europe, more efficient and sustainable
- Europe, with a better performing and growth economy
- Europe, more relevant to its citizens, with solidarity and social cohesion
- Europe in the world, closer to its neighbours
Τhe four priorities are further elaborated in the six month Programme of the Presidency.
- Common European Asylum
- Civil Protection
- Border Control & Migration
- Police Cooperation
- Data Protection
- Criminal & Civil Matters